Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lusting

For the past 18 hours I have been lusting over a bowl of tuna milk soup. I am a fan of drinking heavily (all that overriding your girlish hormones aka the drowning down your emotions shit) but not of being hungover. So after drinking half a liter of alcohol (actually just around 137 milliliters, since the brandy bottle says its 55 proof or 27.5 per cent alcohol per volume) and trying to hide my drunkenness when I got home (I forbade myself to throw up since the parents would hear), I woke up early in the morning with dirty hair, pimples, and a serious urge to eat a bowl of tuna milk soup.

I don't know if anyone has ever made such a thing, but when I saw the neglected cans of tuna and evaporated milk on our cabinet, I immediately thought soup. Grab an onion, some garlic, a tomato, a few slices of butter, a table spoon of margarine, and a pinch of salt and pepper and you've got yourself a pot of my sinful concoction. Paulo said it was good; the sweetness of the onion is a highlight during the first sip, but the heat from the pepper lingers. I got a headache after eating a bowl but it probably wasn't due to the soup itself. When I think about how much alcohol I have consumed, I couldn't help but cringe and perhaps that's what's been causing the headache.

Aside from soup, I have been lusting over smartphones. I am not a fan of cellular phones as I have yet to develop a liking for text messaging and calling (I not much of a social person, you see), but there's something about the touch screen interface that screams "you know you want me!" over and over in my head (another probable cause of my headache).


But drunkenness and a touch screen smartphone do not go together (as I have observed on Ralph yesterday after consuming the other half liter of brandy). 

No comments:

Post a Comment