Thursday, February 21, 2013

I hate that Edward Cullen is the cover of Don DeLillo's "Cosmopolis"

I haven't been sleeping much lately. I don't think it's unfortunate that some people can't sleep, but I do think that the body's needing of rest in the form of sleep in order to maintain physiological integrity is very, very, unfortunate.

I have been editing scientific journal manuscripts lately, as a second full-time job, and I hate it that our style guide prefers shorter sentences by virtue of scientific digestibility. I am a fan of the convoluted, and I don't think science is simple.

I have been disconnected with music lately. I feel the urge to sing but can't seem to find a suitable song for my sentiments, have been meaning to listen more to the hipster tracks Kenneth introduced.

I'm out of creamer. The lab is, actually, but I've been living in the lab since January because of the wide table I get to own during the wee hours of the night, and because, I think, I am developing a compulsion to clean places other than the rented house in Anonas.

I haven't been making much sense lately, but sense is creeping into the crevices and cracks of my unconsciousness, scaring my concepts of what could be.

It's 23:06. Maybe I should get back to work.

2 comments:

  1. i enjoy reading your monologues. they are non-pretentious and self-reflective and that it sounds real, all i need to have is a sound bite like those in telenovelas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should add the "Dear Ate Charo," heading on every post.

      Thanks, by the way.

      Delete